Christmas 2015 – Projects Update!
It is December 13th, and we are now 12 days from Christmas! On November 2nd I posted an article called Planning For Christmas, where I went over the 14 Christmas projects I organized as gifts for this year. I started very late because I didn’t actually plan on making any Christmas gifts this year. My usual track record is to finish less than half the Christmas presents I start out making.
So! Now that we are 12 days from Christmas, where am I at on my progress?
This is what I started with:
- Owl By Janlynn
- Mothers Are Special by Janlynn
- Rock The ‘Stache by Bucilla
- Tractor by Janlynn
- Home Is Where Your Mom Is by Bucilla
- Owl Pillowcases by Janlynn
- Home Sweet Home Code by Happy Stitch
- HTML Welcome Sign By Happy Stitch
- Stop Hatin, Start Bakin by Daily Cross Stitch
- Baby Panda by Daily Cross Stitch
- Oh Deer by Daily Cross Stitch
- Deer Silhouette by Daily Cross Stitch
- Keep Calm And Game On by Daily Cross Stitch
- Stark Bookmark by Black Lupin (not pictured)
Wow, what a list! Considering last year I decided to stitch four projects and only finished two, this was quite an undertaking! Especially because I started so late. I fully expected that I wouldn’t finish half the list, so I planned two projects for each person I decided to make gifts for; if I could finish one for each, I would be happy.
Here is the list so far!
- Owl By Janlynn: Finished!
- Mothers Are Special by Janlynn: Finished!
- Rock The ‘Stache by Bucilla: Finished!
- Tractor by Janlynn: Finished!
- Home Is Where Your Mom Is by Bucilla: Started!
- Owl Pillowcases by Janlynn: Abandoned 🙁
- Home Sweet Home Code by Happy Stitch: Finished!
- – 14. Not Started
So I’ve finished 5 of the 14 projects as of today. I have #6 and #7 started – except I gave up on the pillowcases again this year. Stamped cross stitch just takes me too long, and I’ll run out of steam and not start any of the others unless I give it up and move on. I have projects #8 and #9 kitted up and ready to start, but I haven’t started them, nor any of the others on the list.
This is my finished pile, to be washed and framed:
Aaaand this is my pile of Christmas projects that I still need to finish:
12 days to Christmas and I have 8 projects left to finish by December 20th, at the very latest. I doubt I can do it. But hey, I got a lot more done than I’ve gotten done in years past, so even if I don’t finish them all, I’m proud of myself! But wish me luck anyway, I’ll need it if I want to finish.
“Random Corner” is a place for the articles related to all manners of cross-stitchery and the cross-stitch community that don’t fall under the topics covered in the regular segments.
By the way – to keep up on Little Thread Crafts stitching news and get pictures, updates, and more that don’t appear on the blog until much later, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! I would greatly appreciate it!